BTP Electrical will endeavour to conduct its activities in a manner that is environmentally responsible, sustainable and protects the health of employees, customers, contractors and community.
BTP Electrical is committed to:
- Meeting environmental regulatory requirements.
- Minimising use of resources such as energy, water and materials where possible;
- Reducing waste to landfill.
- Considering waste, resource use and social responsibility in purchasing decisions.
- Setting improvement objectives and targets and reviewing performance.
- Providing personnel and contractors with training, communication and procedural guidance so they understand their responsibility and role.
- Responding to environmental emergency to minimise the risk to people, facilities, and assets and reporting incidents as required by law.
- Communicating with the community and members of the public about our environmental approach where requested.
This policy and associated procedures will be reviewed at least every twelve months.
BTP Electrical provides innovative and competitive services to Private Industry and Government sectors.
BTP Electrical is dedicated to providing an extensive range of services that will contribute significantly to the success of each and every client organisation, and / or customer. The successes of our customers translate into success for BTP Electrical.
The Primary Goal of the Policy and associated procedures is to sustain continued commitment to meeting organisation, client and customer requirements.
The objectives of this policy are to:
- Demonstrate and achieve commitment to meeting all contractual commitments
- Perform and provide defect free services and work for all clients and customers;
- Fully understand the requirements of all our clients and customers;
- Ensure we meet these requirements first time, every time;
- Ensure continual improvement to the effectiveness of the Quality Management System;
- Pursue best practice Quality Assurance Principles and meet all statutory requirements;
- Ensure that the concept of this policy is established understood, implemented and maintained at all levels of BTP Electrical activities;
- Ensure the Quality management System is reviewed for continuing suitability.
The Quality Assurance Management System of BTP Electrical is based on the concepts of the continuous improvement process and conforms totally to the requirements as defined in ISO 9000:2008 series.
This policy and associated procedures will be reviewed in consultation with relevant parties and on the occasion of any changes or amendments to the relevant legislation and/or every twelve (12) calendar months from the date promulgated.
SITE SAFETY POLICY
BTP Electrical is committed to the health and safety of all workers and others that may be affected by our work activities. This includes the protection of all workers by complying with WHS legislation, demonstrating due diligence and the application of best practice strategies and industry-based WHS policies and procedures. People are our most important asset and their health and safety is of the greatest importance within a safe and productive work environment.
Managers and supervisors have the responsibility for implementing this and other policies as an integral part of their accountabilities; they may delegate their WHS duties and activities, but not abdicate their responsibilities.
Workers have an obligation to take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and others, and to cooperate and comply with reasonable policy, procedures and instructions.
The objectives of this Policy are to:
- prevent work related injuries and illnesses and aspire to an incident free workplace
- continuously improve the health and safety skills of our workers
- pursue industry best practice and a safe workplace culture
- provide an emergency response program
- comply with all legislative requirements.
These objectives will be achieved by:
- maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the nature of operations and associated hazards and risks for purpose of preventing illness or injury to any person
- provision of processes to eliminate or minimise risks
- provision of a healthy and safe work environment with appropriate resources, processes and support to enable work to be undertaken in the safest possible way
- provision of safe systems of work including the safe use, handling and storage of plant, structures and chemicals
- involving our workers in the decision making processes through structured and informal communication, consultation and learning
- provision of necessary information, training, instruction or supervision
- provision of adequate facilities for the welfare of workers
- provision of appropriate processes for reporting, receiving and considering information regarding incidents, hazards and risks and responding in a timely way to that information
- monitoring the health of workers, the effectiveness of systems and workplace conditions
- providing effective injury management and rehabilitation strategies.
All workers are authorised and expected to stop work and immediately notify their supervisor if a task carries an unacceptable level of risk
BTP Electrical will maintain a documented safety management system and provide appropriate support and resources. System implementation, maintenance and verification will be achieved through demonstrated leadership of all managers and supervisors and the commitment and involvement of all workers.